Saturday, June 30, 2012

Taking time

Today I'm taking time to breathe.  To relax.  To catch up on blogging.  To review my BGs from the last few weeks.  To snuggle with hubs.  To get excited about our trip to Ireland next weeek! To celebrate accomplishments, both big and small.


Although I feel like making a list of all the things I am so busy with is cheesy, probably uninteresting to those of you who stumble across my blog, and screams, "I secretly need acknowledgement of how cool/amazing I am with all the things I'm doing?" I'm gonna list anyway.  I'll try not to use bullet points thought :-)


I just finished my two pre-req classes for my grad program in the fall.  6 week crash courses of all things financial accounting and statistical.  Got two A's. WhAAAaat? (read in Shawn Spencer voice from Psych.)  It feels really good to have that item crossed off the to-do list.  All I have left is a recommended class is microeconomics. Yeah, thats all.


We *think* we have found an apartment in Chicago after a loooong search.  Its beautiful (well, I think it is, but I have only seen it through hubs iphone since I've been at school every day) and within walking distance from school and work.  Score on exercise that won't seem like exercise but still counts toward lowering my BGs!


We are going to Ireland next week for a much needed vacation.  I love it there.  I've been very fortunate- this will be my fifth trip there! I studied abroad in Galway during college and can't wait to go back and see how things are, and to take dh on a trip down my memory lane. He'll love it, I'm sure.


Our barn is almost done in VT.  The garage/barn style doors will be installed next Tuesday and that means its one step closer to being complete. I can't wait for my girl-cave (?) to be ready.


My BGs have finally come down after being really high over the last few weeks.  I know the combo of studying, driving 25+ miles to class and back every day, and poor food choices really did a number (hah!) on them so I'm glad that I've been able to make a few postiive changes this week in that regard.

It is so nice to take time out and appreciate all that is good with life.

No comments:

Post a Comment